The Zelle limits tell you how much you are eligible to transfer per day, as this helps to regulate currency and ensure security for those using the Zelle App. To send money through Zelle, you will need a U.S. mobile phone number or an email address that is already registered.
The Zelle app is a great way to transfer money online. All you need to do to send money is enter the recipient’s email address and mobile phone number. After you have entered the recipient’s information, you will be notified of the payment and given instructions on how to enroll.
This article will provide more details about your Zelle transfer limits per day, and monthly limits based on the bank you use.
What is Zelle?
Zelle is a Peer to Peer (P2P) mobile payment app that allows individuals to electronically send and receive money to and from their bank accounts using their mobile devices. Users transferred $187 billion in 2019 using Zelle, an increase of 57% since 2018.
This platform operates only within the united states and requires you to sign up using your bank account. Zelle enables consumers to send and receive money on their bank accounts in real-time without having to rush to the ATM or write a check
Zelle Limits Per Day at Some Major US Banks
Here are some of the major banks that offer Zelle, limits per day, and monthly limits they allow users to transfer using the service.
|Bank||Daily Limit||Monthly Limit|
|Citibank Citi Priority, Citigold and Citi Private Bank||$5,000||$15,000|
|Citibank Account, Basic Account and Access Account||$2,000||$10,000|
|Chase Business Checking or Chase Private Client||$5,000||$40,000|
|Chase Personal Checking||$2,000||$16,000|
|Bank of America||$2,500||$20,000|
Other Banks Include:
Ally Zelle Limit
what you need to know about Ally bank is that it’s a digital financial services company with its headquartered in Detroit, Michigan. It provides services to half a million American citizens and globally, its services include car finance, online banking via a direct bank, corporate lending, vehicle insurance, mortgage loans, and an electronic trading platform to trade financial assets. Ally Zelle limits are $5,000 per day and $10,000 monthly
Citibank Zelle Limit
For new Citi bank customers, your daily limits are $2,000 and monthly Zelle sends limits are $10000. However, after the first 90 days, your limits may go up to $5000 and $40.000. For more inquiries on how to increase your limit, you may contact Citi bank customer support at 1-888-248-4226
Truist Zelle Limit
Truist is among the leading financial cooperation in America with its headquarters in Charlotte, North Carolina, and was formed in 2019 by BB&T and SunTrust Banks. Its daily Zelle limits are Up to $2,000/day and Up to $10,000/monthly
What If My Bank Doesn’t Offer Zelle?
If your bank app doesn’t have Zelle send money option, no worries! simply download the app from your App store and link your bank account.
How Does Zelle Work?
There’s a specific process for sending or receiving money through your bank’s mobile app. Here are the steps to follow.
- Choose your recipient. Due to increasing Zelle fraud, you should only send money to people you know and trust. Scammers often use payment apps, including Zelle, to conduct fraudulent activities, because it’s hard for banks to trace these transactions back to the source. So you should only send money to people you’ve met in person, like repaying a family member or friend or paying a service provider, like a hairstylist or maid.
- Obtain the recipient’s phone number or email address. Anyone with an account at a U.S. financial institution can receive money through Zelle with their phone number or email.
- Decide your payment amount. Your Zelle limit depends on your bank or credit union. If you want to send a large amount consistently, you may need to find an alternative payment option.
- Send the money. Your recipient will typically receive the money in minutes if they are already a member of Zelle. They’ll receive instructions on obtaining the funds via email or text if they are not enrolled.
- Verify the payment. You should always follow up, contacting the recipient to make sure they received the money. You should also check your bank account to ensure it deducted the proper amount from your account.
What Banks Use Zelle?
Sending money to family and friends or for business shouldn’t be an issue and that is why Zelle is working with more than thousands of banks and credit unions in the united state to deliver a fast and easy network. If your bank app doesn’t have Zelle send money option, no worries! You can still get in on this awesome way to send money by downloading the Zelle app.
Does Zelle Charge A fee?
This is the most interesting part about using Zelle, it does not charge any fee. It doesn’t matter whether you’re sending money to friends, or family, or paying for goods or services.
What Is Zelle’s Payment Speed?
Zelle has an impressive money transfer speed within minutes if you are transferring funds to another Zelle user. On the other hand, if the recipient doesn’t have a Zelle account, they may have to wait for one to three business days.
Is Zelle Safe?
Zelle can be considered safe compared to handling or moving huge amounts of money, They also provide a fast and safest way to move cash within banks and you don’t have to worry about going to the ATM machine or carrying huge sums of money around.
Zelle is safe because they protect your personal information from fraud ensuring good user privacy protection. Be sure to double-check your transfers to ensure that you don’t make a mistake and send the funds to the wrong person because once your transaction is complete it can’t be undone because the money moves so quickly in minutes. Also, Zelle limits help to protect your funds from credit card fraud so you don’t lose all your funds.
Who Can Use Zelle?
To use Zelle, you must enroll in the service with your bank account or by downloading the app. The app will walk you through the enrollment process. You will need to provide basic information and connect your debit card to the account. Once you have completed the enrollment process, you will be able to send and receive money on Zelle.
What Are the Benefits of Using Zelle?
Zelle is a fast, safe, and easy way to send and receive money with friends, family, and others you trust with a bank account in the U.S. Here are the basic benefits of using a Zelle App
- Fast transfers: Zelle allows you to quickly and securely send and receive money with those you trust who have a bank account in the United States.
- Free to use: Zelle doesn’t charge a fee to send or receive money
- Easy to use: Zelle provides the convenience and safety of funds being sent directly from your account to the recipient’s account and vice versa.
What Are Some Alternative Options if You Hit Your Zelle Limit?
There are other alternative choices for sending and receiving money faster and also more convenient using your mobile device. The top options include:
- Cash App: Like Zelle users can send and receive money quickly and easily using their phones. You can send money to any other Cash App user with either their username, phone number, or QR code. Payments are not displayed in a feed that can be seen by third parties.
- PayPal: PayPal offers — on its app and site — more options for sending and receiving money, including a suite of business options. Plus, PayPal offers more protection when things go wrong, including missing items ordered from eBay or other supported partners.
- Use a Payment Retailer: There are ways to send money without the need for a smartphone app. Western Union and MoneyGram, for instance, allow you to send money by visiting an authorized retailer and funding the transaction with cash or a debit card. Your recipients can pick up the money by visiting a retailer and providing their name and the transaction number.
Zelle presents one of the easiest options to send and receive money for users within the United States. Zelle can be a great way to pay a friend or send someone money for a service rendered it is safe and quick with no extra service fee.
- How To Transfer Money From Venmo To Paypal 2022
- How to activate NetSpend card 2022 Complete Guide
- Chime Withdrawal and Deposit Limits 2022?
- Bank of America ATM Withdrawal Limit 2022
- Navy Federal Withdrawal Limit 2022
- PNC Bank Swift Code For Wire Transfer
- What increases your total loan balance?
- What Is A Meme Stock
Does this article meet your immediate needs? If yes, please kindly share it with your friends. Also, do well to share your opinion in the comment section below, this will help serve you better.