Activating your chase debit card online has proven to be the easiest and most reliable form of activation. Please note there are so many ways to activate chase debit card.
Yes, I know you will be wondering how can i do this online, why can’t I use the ATM machine downtown?
Not too worry all your questions will be attended to in this article. By the end of this article, you will learn to activate your chase debit or credit card with ease.
Now let’s dive in:
How to get a New Chase Debit card
It is easy to get a new chase debit card. If you are an eligible to chase bank account holder, you may be able to get a debit card through the following steps:
- Call customer service: You can call chase bank’s customer service line to request a debit card or to confirm if one has been mailed to your correct address. The number to call is (1-800-242-7338)
- Request a card online: You can request a debit card through your bank account’s website or mobile app.
What do You Need to get a Debit card?
There are some basic personal documents needed when opening a chase bank account and getting a debit card, you’ll likely need to provide some of the following:
- Social security card
- A valid driver’s license
- Any bill with your current name and address
- Proof of address
- State identification card
- Confirmation of enrollment in an accredited school or college/trade school (if applying for a student or college bank account)
How to set up a Bank Account
You may open a bank account through some of the following steps:
- Step one: Click on the link to get started chase bank
- Step two: Choose from the option that best suits you, either Chase Total Checking, Chase Secure Banking, or Chase Premier Plus Checking. Please be sure to read their terms and condition before choosing.
- Step three: You will be asked if Are you a Chase customer? If you are not select No
- Step Four: Fill in your personal information and submit.
How to Activate Chase Debit card on a Mobile app
To activate your chase debit card online, you will first need to log in to your Chase account here. Or open the chase bank downloaded APP on your cell phone.
- Once logged in select the service you want, in this case, it will be “activate the card
- Input the 16-digit number on your new debit card.
- You will then be asked to verify your identity via security questions you previously set
- After verification, you will be asked to choose a four-digit PIN for your new card
Alternatively activate your chase debit card using the chase bank activation number.
- Call the Chase credit card activation number at 800-432-3117.
- Enter the last 4 digits of your debit card or credit card number.
- Follow the prompts.
Please note this: New chase debit/credit cards usually have a sticker on them with activation instructions, you might want to pay attention to the instructions.
How long After activating a credit card can I use it?
You can use your debit/credit card immediately after activating your card. These cards can be used to make purchases, pay bills, etc. immediately.
What Happens if I don’t Activate my Debit card?
If you don’t activate your new chase debit card, your account will still be active. This isn’t a problem, Since your card isn’t being used. However, the credit limit you were approved for will be allotted into the portion of your credit score’s debt-to-income ratio (30% of your score) Note this even if you don’t activate and use your new debit/credit card, your overall credit score will be affected.
What to Do After Activating Your Chase Debit Card
The first thing is activating your chase debit card after you must have received it in your mailbox. But that’s not all. There are rewards to those cards and you may want to pay attention to those rewards.
How can I activate my chase debit card?
There are two main methods for activating a new debit/credit card. If you value convenience and want to activate your card quickly I will suggest
- First Online: This method is safer and convenient don’t have to burn gas for it
- Secondly ATM machine: Well this doesn’t take a whole lot of time very smooth and easy to use
How to Find The Account Number on a Debit card
You have to call the number on the back of your credit/debit card. You’ll likely have to provide
- your name,
- social security
This is to verify your identity. After verification, your account number will be provided
Chase Debit card Replacement
It’s easy to replace a lost or damaged debit card in the Chase Mobile
- After signing in, tap the account for the card you want to replace
- Scroll to find “Replace a lost or damaged card”
- Choose your card and then a reason for replacement
- Review and submit your request
How to Change Pin on Chase Debit card
There are two ways you can reset your chase bank debit card PIN
- Over the phone by calling their customer care representative at 1-800-935-9935
- Visiting any of the chase banks’ local branches to help you reset your pin
It’s unfortunate no online method for this.
Does this article meet your immediate needs? If yes, please kindly share it with your friends. Also, do well to share your opinion in the comment section below.