There has been speculation in recent times about if PayPal can be used on Amazon. The truth is you can’t use PayPal directly on Amazon, the world’s largest e-commerce platform doesn’t support PayPal at checkout, especially when shopping online.
Amazon is an American multinational technology company that focuses on e-commerce, artificial intelligence etc. It has been referred to as “the world’s largest e-commerce platform. But why doesn’t it accept PayPal as a payment option?
Well, we will know about all that in this post and also how you can possibly use your PayPal to make purchases on Amazon at least not directly.
Can you use PayPal on Amazon?
You can’t use PayPal to make purchases on Amazon because Amazon also has a payment option that works similarly to PayPal. Though PayPal is one of the best online payment systems with massive payment transfer platforms in more than 200 countries worldwide. You can only use other payment options provided on the amazon website.
Why doesn’t Amazon take PayPal directly?
There are two basic reasons why Amazon does not work with Paypal.
- First, based on history Paypal was part of eBay before it became an independent brand in 2015, and eBay on the other hand was one of Amazon’s direct competitors which literally makes them enemies and since Paypal was eBay’s partner, they couldn’t do business
- The second reason, Amazon has its own payment option called amazon pay which is used by amazon and numerous third-party retailers for buying goods and services.
How to Use PayPal on Amazon
There are several workarounds to use to be able to use Paypal to make payments. Here are a few options to use Paypal on amazon.
#1. Use PayPal Cash Card on Amazon
A PayPal Cash Card is a debit card that allows you to access your PayPal Cash and can be used wherever Mastercard is accepted. Since Amazon accepts Mastercard, you can use your PayPal Cash Card to make purchases on Amazon. All you have to do is add your PayPal Cash Card as a payment option, either by logging into your Amazon account and selecting “Your Payments” or by adding the PayPal Cash Card as a new payment method at checkout.
#2. Use PayPal Key on Amazon
PayPal Key is a virtual payment option that allows you to make purchases with either the funds in your PayPal account or with your linked debit card using your mobile phone. You can use PayPal Key online and on any store that accepts Mastercard as means of payment. If you want to use PayPal Key on Amazon, all you have to do is enter your 16-digit PayPal Key number, along with the associated expiration date and security code, and you are good to go.
#3. Buying Amazon gift cards with PayPal
Here is another interesting way to use Paypal on amazon but in this case you have to be a little tactical. First, you have to purchase the amazon gift card at any retail store that accepts PayPal as means of payment, then login to your amazon account and redeem that gift card, now you can spend it at your leisure.
List of Amazon’s payment options
There are several other ways to make payments on amazon. Check out the list below to find which suits you.
- Visa credit/ debit card and prepaid gift cards
- Mastercard credit/ debit card and prepaid gift cards
- Amazon Rewards Visa Signature card
- Amazon Store Card
- Amazon Secured Card
- Discover Network
- American Express
- Diner’s Club (the U.S only)
- China UnionPay (credit card only)
- Amazon gift cards
Maybe in the nearest future amazon may accept PayPal as means of payment. But for now, you can’t pay with PayPal in the Amazon store, be sure to use other alternative means of payment when making purchases. The Amazon cash card is a very good alternative for you as it works just like PayPal.
PayPal on Amazon FAQ
Yes you can, PayPal Key is a virtual payment option that allows you to make purchases with either the funds in your PayPal account or with your linked debit card using your mobile phone
The answer to this question remains NO, maybe it could be possible in the nearest future. Amazon has its own payment option similar to Paypal.
Does this article meet your immediate needs? If yes, please kindly share it with your friends. Also, do well to share your opinion in the comment section below.
- How To Transfer Money From Venmo To Paypal 2022
- What Is The 10/20 Rule Of Thumb?
- What is Sezzle, and How Does it Work?
- How to Increase Zelle’s weekly limit at Top Banks
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Online Shopping
- Top 10 Best Money-Making Apps In 2022
- 15 Best Apps To Sell Clothes Online
- Key Difference Between Debit card and Credit card
- How to Activate Chase Debit Card Online